Anntonii introducing the writer for this blog.

Her penned name is 珊.

Her works revolved a lot in Korean drama series so names of characters and background setting may be in Korea. Guess people who liked Korean drama series will find her stories very much appealing to you.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dark Blue - 深蓝の魂 by 珊



Chapter 15


Li Ann walked home by herself thinking why Mike had just ditched her like that. When she reached her house, she wasn’t looking to see Andy leaning by his car inspecting her every curve. Li Ann looked up to see Andy smiling down at her.

“Li Ann...”

“What are you doing here?” Li Ann asked harshly as she walked around him trying to get to her door. He grabbed her wrist from behind and flung her around back to him.

“Li Ann, listen to me. I’m sorry. Terri is my not my girlfriend, please,” Andy apologized looking sincere and honest.

“Oh yeah, right, I must be so stupid Andy. Leave me alone,” Li Ann said as she pulled her hand out of his wrist.

“Li Ann!” Andy said as he grabbed her elbow and yanked her back. She turned to him struggling to get out.

“Andy! Let me go you jerk!” Li Ann said trying to wretch out of his arms.

“Li Ann, listen to me. I asked Terri to say that just to test you out if you really liked me or not. There’s nothing between us,” Andy pleaded as he held her in a hug from behind her.

Li Ann closed her eyes and thought for a moment. She stopped protesting as she slowly untangled herself free from his hold.

“What happened to your face?” Li Ann asked glaring at the cut on his lips. Andy touched it and grinned.

“I got into a fight because I was mad over you,” Andy lied. Li Ann rolled her eyes and took another deep breath.

She turned to face him and said seriously to his face,
“Andy, I’m sorry...I never really liked you.”

As Li Ann turned around to walk away, Andy angrily pulled her back and grabbed her face in his hands to try and kiss her. Li Ann struggled back as she turned her head way, allowing Andy to kiss her cheeks.

Li Ann’s hands broke free as one of them swung across his cheeks. She glared up at him with her hair messed up and watery eyes from struggling out. Andy touched his lips, they were bleeding again. Li Ann’s nail had scrapped over the previous cut Junjin had caused.

He smiled slyly. His smile suddenly disappeared as he swung his hand across her cheeks. Mike walked up near the house and saw Andy slap Li Ann.

He felt blood and anger rush up to his neck and head as he tightened his fists and ran up to them. Li Ann was holding her cheeks trying to hold in the tears. Andy’s slap was hard and she could still feel the heat on her face after a few seconds.

He still had that mad angry look on his face when she suddenly saw Mike running up closer. She stepped back. Mike lunged towards Andy, but missed.

He tried again, but his fist just went right through Andy’s face. Andy moved in closer, frightening Li Ann as she stumbled backwards. Andy was about to grab her arm until Dongwan shouted from his car.

“Hey! Get away from her!” Dongwan shouted as he closed his car door and ran up to Andy and Li Ann.

Andy stopped and turned towards Dongwan. His face was hard and frozen as he glanced back to Li Ann once before walking away. Mike angrily muttered curses to himself as he turned to Li Ann.

“What’s going on? Are you okay?” Dongwan asked Li Ann. She shook her head and removed her hand from her soft cheek. It had a red mark.

“Did he hit you?” Dongwan asked. Li Ann didn’t reply. She lowered her gaze not able to look at Dongwan.

“Li Ann, did he hit you?!” Dongwan asked raising his voice. Li Ann looked back up and shook his head.

“No oppa, it’s okay,” Li Ann said as she quickly walked into the house.
Dongwan looked at Andy’s car sped away, then followed Li Ann inside. Li Ann rushed to her room and looked at her cheek in the bathroom mirror. She blinked back her tears as she washed her face with cool running water.

“Why didn’t you say he hit you?” Mike asked with a cold expression from the corner of her restroom.

“I don’t want to cause anymore problems,” Li Ann muttered as she dried her face.

“I’m sorry,” Mike said with sorrow in his eyes.

“Why?” Li Ann asked putting the towel coming up near Mike. She sat down on the low sink counter and waited patiently for Mike to explain. Mike walked in closer and examined her cheek.

“He shouldn’t have hit you, I saw everything,” Mike said as he raised his hand to touch her soft cheek. Li Ann felt a tint of pink blush filling up her face as she looked away. The moment grew quieter as Li Ann grew more and more nervous as Mike’s eyes traced from her eyes down her cheek to her lips.

She had beautiful eyes. He wished he could softly hold her hand and kiss her, but he couldn’t. She wished he would look into her eyes once more and kiss her, but if only he wasn’t a ghost.

“M...Mike...” Li Ann choked out to break the silence. He immediately dropped his hand and stepped back.

“I’ll get him next time,” Mike said as he looked down to his shoes, then back up and smiled. He walked out of her restroom. Li Ann closed the lights and followed him out.

“Where did you go to?” Li Ann asked.

“I saw Hwanhee,” Mike replied as he sat down by her desk.

“Hwanhee?”

“The man that Ji Yun is with,” Mike replied forcing a smile on his face. Li Ann understood and nodded.

“I think he has something to do with more than just my murder. He’s after something too. Obviously the money, but not my money,” Mike said.

“What do you think it is?” Li Ann asked sitting on her bed.

“They all are after a number,” Mike replied. Li Ann looked confused and lost.

“A number. One single number. This number can unlock all the banks in Seoul, and only my grandfather has it, passed it down to me.”

“Do you know the number?”

“07281980,” Mike recited as he looked down to the carpet. His voice was almost like a monotone.

“And with this number?” Li Ann questioned.

“They can transfer all the money to their accounts and get away with it clean. Shin Hyesung, Andy Lee and the rest of them are trying to get this number, all of them.

It’s harder for them now that I’m dead.”

“Do you think Hwanhee his after this number too?” Li Ann asked.

“Yes, and today I found out I have a niece, but she is unknown. I’m going to find out who she is. She may be in danger if Ji Yun knows who she is. My niece is the one to inherit all my wealth, as well as the corporation and the number itself,” Mike explained.

“Your grandfather...created this number?” “He was in charge of the bank system in all of Seoul. They have one person in charge of everything in every city. I think my grandfather was murdered too, but he told me the number before he was killed,” Mike said as his voice sounded more harsh as he spoke of his beloved grandfather.

“So only you know this number?” Li Ann asked.

“Only me, but I told my partner Junjin where he can find a copy of my number...wait...that means that Junjin could be in danger?” Mike realized the shock and looked worried.

“I’m sure he’ll be okay,” Li Ann replied hoping to bring him comfort. Li Ann walked down to the kitchen to get herself something to eat. Calida was down there with Dongwan as she walked to the refrigerator.

They both were giving her weird stares, especially Calida.

“What?” Li Ann asked innocently.

“Do you think she’s sick?” Calida asked quietly to Dongwan.

“Li Ann,” Dongwan called with his deep voice.

“Yes oppa?” Li Ann asked sounding as normal as she can.

“Have you been eating correctly? Do you chew your food?” Dongwan asked putting his hand over her head to see if she was sick or not.

“You have to chew your food Li Ann. Once you’ve thoroughly swallowed your food, it goes into your esophagus, you know that muscular tube that connects your mouth to your stomach? Well–...”

“Oppa! Are you crazy! Of course I know how to chew my food!” Li Ann exploded as she walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to her room.

She reached her room where Mike was as he sat at her desk and scanned over her patient files.

“Mike, can you give me a minute? I have to change?”

“Where do you want me to go? I’m always everywhere,” Mike joked.

It wasn’t funny to Li Ann. “You’re everywhere? Right. So you’re there when I’m taking a shower too?” Mike paused for a moment.

“Of course.” Li Ann turned a bright strawberry color and glared at him with a lost and pissed off expression. She wanted to lunge at Mike and choke him. He started laughing.

“No, I wouldn’t do that. Go on, I’ll wait in the living room,” Mike continued to laugh.

As he stood up, Li Ann socked him playfully in the arm.


[To be Cont]

No comments: