Anntonii introducing the writer for this blog.

Her penned name is 珊.

Her works revolved a lot in Korean drama series so names of characters and background setting may be in Korea. Guess people who liked Korean drama series will find her stories very much appealing to you.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Dark Blue - 深蓝の魂 by 珊

Chapter 4

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The next morning, Li Ann woke up bright and early. She dressed in her professional outfit; a knee length brown skit, white buttoned shirt, and a brown matching jacket.

She curled the tips of her hair and added light makeup. Li Ann grabbed her portfolios and slipped on her heels. It was Tuesday, and she was booked to meet with patients. She knocked on Dongwan’s door to get his attention.

“What?” Dongwan asked groggily rubbing his eyes as he swung the door open. He let out a big yawn and scratched his head lazily.

“Oppa, can you take me to work? I have an appointment with my patient in one hour,” Li Ann asked checking her watch.

“Sure, put on a coat,” Dongwan replied with a yawn as he walked back in to change. Half an hour later, Dongwan and Li Ann arrived at her office.

It was small, but enough for her to work in. She would have regular patient visits. Li Ann loved talking to people, especially those who were troubled. She bid Dongwan good bye and a few minutes later, her patient Kang Ta arrived.

“Good morning Mr. Ahn, how are you doing?” Li Ann asked as she sat down on a comfortable chair across from where Kang Ta sat, ready to pour out his personal problems.

“Miserable,” Kang Ta mumbled under his breath as he rubbed his knuckles.

“What seems to be the trouble?” Li Ann asked pushing her fake glasses closer to her nose. “My girlfriend...she....says....” Kang Ta said slowly.

“She?” Li Ann asked trying to get it out of him faster.

“She says I am not romantic enough,” Kang Ta confessed.

Li Ann stared at him oddly. She sighed.

“Okay Mr. Ahn, when you girlfriend complained about your smoking, did you quit?” she asked.

Kang Ta nodded.

“Good, now, when she said you were not good in bed, did you try to improve?” she asked again looking at his file.

Kang Ta nodded with a bit of embarrassment. A light pink tint showed in his cheekbones as he blushed away.

“So now she wants you to be romantic?” she asked for the last time. He nodded his head, not looking at her.

“Very well, let’s start with the first principles, first off, we have to talk about what you are doing that is being a turn off for her,”

Li Ann stated in a bored way. This was going to be a long day for her. After Kang Ta left, another patient arrived.

“Good afternoon Vivian, how are you doing?” Li Ann asked.

“I’m in love with my step-brother! Li Ann, you have to help me!” Vivian pleaded desperately.

The third patient was a charming young lady named Frances. She had only been coming to Li Ann for help for a month, but was so far doing better.

“Frances, what is happening in your life right now?” Li Ann asked.

“Well, after my boyfriend cheated on me, I moved from France to here. We were still together, but I went behind his back and cheated on him, then he decided to get back with me, but my new boyfriend won’t let me, so I don’t know what to do Li Ann! Should I just dump them both? I mean, they’re both very hot and all, but I just don’t know!”

Frances said exasperated with her thick half French accent.

Li Ann’s head was pounding with a migraine after Frances left. She packed up her portfolio and decided to eat two head medicine pills before closing the office.

It had seemed to be getting dark outside, so she called Dongwan.

“Yo! You have reached the Kim’s residence, if you want to order room service, call later, too busy right now. Haha! Just kidding, ya’ll know what to do after da beep, bye!” Dongwan’s voice said from the answering machine.

Li Ann had told him plenty of times to change the message, but Dongwan could never get his lazy butt to change it.

“Hey oppa, I need a ride from work, right now it’s 6:37, so see you soon, right?” Li Ann said, then she hung up. She sighed and looked outside.

She was hungry and tired. Li Ann just stuck around the office for a while longer. Dongwan didn’t call back, or pick her up. It was already 7:23. Li Ann picked up her belongings and purse, then locked the office door and walked down the busy streets into the lively market.

She stopped at a little restaurant and ordered a quick meal. Finishing it, it was already 8 P.M. There was no payphone nearby, so she decided she’d either walk back to her office and wait for her brother, or walk home.

She was already half way, so she picked the second choice. Li Ann walked quickly down the streets, which were getting darker by the block.

The chilly air hit her warm cheeks as her teeth chattered, holding onto her portfolio and her purse over her one shoulder. Her long hair flapped in the wind and her long coat waved behind her.

“Hey Miss, got a dollar?” a voice asked from behind her.

She whipped around surprised to find a young looking man in ragged clothes.

“Um...yes,” Li Ann said as she dug her purse quickly for a dollar. She was scared and cold, her fingers trembling and numbed white as she handed the man a couple of bills.

“Thanks,” he said not talking his eyes off her low buttoned blouse. She quickly tried to walk away, but he pulled her elbow back.

“You’re not from around here are you?” he asked eyeing her up and down.

“What are you doing? Let go of me...” Li Ann said harshly as she tried to pull away. His movement was now rougher as he held her still in place.

“I’ve never seen such a pretty face around here for a while. Girls like you shouldn’t be walking around at this hour,” he said with a sly grin.

The color from Li Ann’s face dropped, as she tried to run. Looping his arm around her neck, and the other around her waist, he forced her into the dark alley nearby.

“Help! Somebody help me!” Li Ann screamed. Mike tried to kicked the small stones laying on the ground but was unsucessful as he heard somebody scream for help. He glanced across the street and saw her being mugged and dragged into the alley. He sprinted across the street as fast as he could.

“Get off me you bastard!” Li Ann shouted as she pushed his face away and reached for her purse.

“Let go of her!” Mike shouted as he came near them. Li Ann found her purse and quickly grabbed out a small bottle of pepper spray.

She pointed it to the man’s face and sprayed it right into his eyes. He man yelped and shouted in agony, covering his face with his hands. Mike got between them and reached for her hand to pull her away from the man’s grip. He wasn’t looking at her, but when he touched her arm, the man rushed towards her.

He quickly punched the man’s cheek, causing him to fall back. Then he let go of Li Ann’s arm and kicked his stomach with the knee. The man groaned and fell the ground.

Li Ann stood frozen against the brick wall as she stared from Mike, to the man on the ground. “You b**ch,” the man shouted as he pulled out a dagger.

Before he had a chance to use it, Mike kicked him in the chin, knocking him backwards. “What’s going on? Who’s there?” the man shouted waving the dagger in all directions as he stood back up holding his chin.

He glanced back at Li Ann, who stood there frightened like a block of ice. The man’s eyes were still red and teary from the pepper spray. He couldn’t believe it was her that had kicked him. Somebody, or something, had to be present around her.

Frightened to the senses that something unseen was around, he dropped the knife and ran into the dark alley way, looking back as if something was going to following him.

“Are you okay?” Mike asked panting as he turned back to Li Ann.

“Yes, thank you,” Li Ann said with a quick nod as she started picking up her things. She stuffed them into her purse and walked out of the alley way quickly.

“Wait! Wait,” Mike called after her. He ran up to her still panting. He stopped and looked at her. She looked back.

“You can see me?!” he asked catching his breath.

“Um...yes,” Li Ann said unsure of what he meant. She turned to walk away, but he quickly got in front of her. She stopped and looked up at him.

“Look, thank you very much for helping me out, now I need to get home if you don’t mind,” Li Ann said cautiously as she tried to walk around him.

“You can see me?!” Mike asked again. Li Ann stared at him startled.

“Are you a ghost too?” Mike asked desperately.

“Um...nice meeting you...I’m going to go–..” Li Ann said with a blank look as she thought in her head he must definitely be crazy.

“No wait! You don’t understand, how can you see me? And how come I can touch you?” Mike asked quickly.

“Bye!” she said walking around him.

“Wait! Listen to me, I’m a ghost, I’m dead, and you can see me! I can touch you too,” Mike said with a sparkle in his eyes as he picked up her hand and showed her. She pulled away immediately as she thought Mike was insane.

“Leave me alone,” Li Ann pleaded a bit frightened.

“I’m a ghost! You have to help me if you can see and hear me, please,” Mike asked with serious eyes.

“Okay, you need to come and see me, here is my card,” Li Ann said as she searched her purse for a business card.

“I’m a very professional psychologist, maybe I can help you.”

“No! I’m not crazy, I’m dead. I died a few days ago, and I need your help, please!” Mike begged.

Li Ann tried to walk faster away from him, but he kept following her.

“Go away!” she shouted half running.

“Listen to me, I need your help. Only you can see and hear me!” Mike shouted as he kept chasing her. They reached another busy street, filled with people. Li Ann was relieved when she saw people.

“Look, if you keep following me, I’m going to call the cops!” she threatened.

Mike rolled his eyes frustrated.

“Hey lady, you can go ahead and call the cops, I’m already dead, they can’t see me. I just need your help okay?” Mike said with a impatient tone.

“I’m not a very stupid person, you can quit your jokes now,” Li Ann said annoyed as she stopped at a bus stop.

“No, you have to believe me. You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, but you have to help me,” Mike asked with his eyes brimming with tears.

Li Ann looked at him, wondering why he was doing this. She sighed.

“Fine, what do you want?” she asked crossing her arms.

“I need you to tell my wife not to sell my corporation to Shin Hyesung,” Mike said quickly in one breath.

“Why can’t you do it?” she asked turning away uninterested.

“Because I’m dead! She can’t see or hear me!” Mike replied.

“Ha, and I’m from South Africa,” she rolled her eyes sarcastically.

“Fine, you don’t believe me? Come here,” Mike pulled her hand towards the nearest restaurant.

“Let go of me!” Li Ann shouted hitting his back with her purse as she tried not to drop her portfolio. People started staring at her weirdly. Mike stopped when they reached the restaurant.

“Excuse me sir, can you see me?” Mike asked the nearest person that walked out. The drunk old man stumbled and walked away. Li Ann crossed her arms and waited for him.

“Excuse me, can you see me?” Mike asked the next couple that walked out, hand in hand, smiling and laughing to each other. They didn’t respond and kept on walking.

“They’re just ignoring you, and so should I,” Li Ann said with sarcasm. Mike was getting a bit impatient. Finally a delivery boy walked out.

Li Ann stepped in front of him and asked him,

“Excuse me, but can you please tell him that you can see him.” She pointed to Mike. The delivery boy looked over to the direction where she was pointing, then looked back at her with a blank expression.

“I don’t see anybody,” the delivery boy shrugged.

“No, I need you to tell that man that you can see him and he’s crazy!” Li Ann said frustrated.

“Uh, sorry Miss, there’s nobody there, I have to go,” the boy said with a weird look to Li Ann as he stepped around her and walked away to his car.

Li Ann fumed with anger as she glanced at Mike. He had an amused grin on his face. It was the first time he’d smiled since he died.

“See? I told you I’m a ghost,” Mike smiled. “Ha-ha, can I go now?” Li Ann said in an annoyed tone and crossed her arms.

Mike looked around and saw a bike parked nearby. He walked over to it and looked over to Li Ann. She stared back. He suddenly swiped his hand through the handle bars, not touching them.

His hand passed through the handle bar, swaying back and forth. Li Ann’s eyes widened as she stiffened her spine and looked at him shock. Scream filled her ears as she saw what she thought would never be possible.

It was after a few seconds when she realized the scream was hers.

[To be Cont]

No comments: